Tater Pie

Chat Box Poll

Chat Box Poll  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Where you would you like the chat box to be displayed on the forums

• On most pages
    • On its own page
    • We don't need a chat box
    • Only on the main page(the way it is now)

Question

So if anyone has any ideas on how to make the chat box show up solely on the main page in ipb im all ears, but I kinda like it on all pages like now when I'm writing a post I can see what people are saying etc I also think its fun cuz it saves messages and people can leave a message on there or whatever idk "shoutbox" is pretty traditional in forums i feel

But at the same time we have a discord so do we really need a shoutbox? I suppose some people may not use discord IDK  

Let's see what the community thinks 🙂 

5 answers to this question

Its easy! It should be anyways. Remove however you have chatbox enable and only allow the block, then as an admin, you should have an arrow icon on the left of your page to allow you to manually drag and drop blocks. You would see chatbox and then you can just drag it onto the one page. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Guruu said:

Its easy! It should be anyways. Remove however you have chatbox enable and only allow the block, then as an admin, you should have an arrow icon on the left of your page to allow you to manually drag and drop blocks. You would see chatbox and then you can just drag it onto the one page. 

oh duh I feel retarded now 🙂

32 minutes ago, AzureCrux said:

Instead of having a chat box, embed a discord channel. It'll help keep things unified

discord channel is embed in the sidebar but the sidebar doesn't show up for mobile 

But at the same time some people just like chillin in the shoutbox on forums sometimes idk or leaving messages for people to see later etc

thanks for your opinion tho very valid point

• Like 1